Infrastructure: The foundation of any Enterprise is a stable, secure infrastructure, capable of handling the daily tasks required of both today and tomorrow.
Technical Support: A computer is only a useful tool when it works properly. Our goal is to respond to helpdesk tickets in a timely manner so impacts are minimal. We proactively replace equipment to limit downtime and use documented standard operating procedures (SOPs) to address every contingency.
Application & Integration: Only relevant applications designed around end-user needs will be deployed, with emphasis on best practice and industry standard norms. We will follow benchmarks to ensure users have a consistent experience that enhances productivity, not detracts from it.
Information Cognizance: We live in the information age and believe that all end-users should have the necessary skills to gather viable, reliable information across many different resources in an ethical, safe manner.
- The power of technology surpasses engagement; it empowers
- An intentionally built, well-designed digital footprint helps build career pathways
- Technology has the ability to positively affect the flow of information
- Establishing and promoting relationships between learners can be elevated through effective technology use.
- Project and inquiry based learning experiences are enhanced with the use of technology and are the most effective techniques for acquiring technology skill fluency.
- Technology in alignment with UDL principles enables individualization of the curriculum
- Technology provides avenues for equal participation in collaborative conversations and work product both locally and globally
All of our technology purchases and professional development plans support the following vision and guiding principles.
At West Hartford Public Schools we believe that every student should be provided with equitable access to participate in the exchange of information and the building of strong relationships in our local and global community through innovative applications of technology.
We empower students by guiding how to harness technology to:
- Leave a Legacy of Learning - contribute to the world of knowledge by creating for a purpose that lives beyond assignments for others to analyze closely, contemplate deeply, and improve personally.
- Learn Out Loud - articulate learning goals and broadcast processes to achieve goals within the West Hartford community and beyond.
- Join Partners and Start a Conversation - promote the equity of voice by connecting and exchanging information with others inside and outside the walls of the classroom.
- Take a Stand, Share Perspectives, Change Minds, and Make a Difference - use information fluently by inquiring, engaging, and investing in the local and global community, valuing and leveraging the diversity of others to making their informed voices heard.
- Develop and Curate a Positive, Productive Digital Footprint - bolster the effects of learning by documenting and reflecting upon personal progress towards passions and goals in life as a respectful digital citizen.
- Tackle Challenges and Persevere in Solving Them - engage in the iterative process of improving learning and utilize their awareness of the nature and the impact of technology.