Welcome to Bugbee Elementary School!
Kelly Brouse, Principal
Katie Feldman, Curriculum Specialist
1943 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Phone: 860-929-5500 Fax: 860-236-2486
Reading Spirit Week will take place February 26th through March 2nd 2018. This year our Reading Events Team has planned a week to celebrate authors, characters and readers. Each day will feature a special reading event, culminating with Book Character Day on Friday, March 2nd. We will need your help with this exciting event!
Click here for more information on Book Character Day and click here for a digital bulletin board of ideas being collected to help you plan for this event. Thank you for your enthusiasm as we celebrate our favorite book characters.
Click here to read a fact sheet with information about environmental controls to limit spread of Influenza in schools. Routine cleaning with soap and water works.
Bugbee In The News
- Hurricane Relief: Bugbee students connect with schools in Texas and Florida to raise funds after the hurricane. Read the story here.
- Crosstown Connections Through Music: Check out this West Hartford Press article about how Bugbee and COIA students collaborated in a virtual music community!
- Fill-a-Bus 2017: What an amazing accomplishment! The Bugbee community collected over 4,000 food items to donate to the WH Food Pantry. Check out this article for more information.
- International Night 2017: A highlight of the year for our community! Check out some pictures from our event in West Hartford Press and The Courant.
- West Hartford Life article about Bugbee and COIA students collaborating after a visit to the New Britain Museum of American Art.
- Fourth Grade Student Helps Shelter Animals. Read about how one of our fourth grade students used a reading project to help an animal shelter. Another article in The Courant.
- Bugbee was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan recognized Bugbee School as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program award recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools where students either achieve very high learning standards or are making notable improvements toward those standards. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in outstanding schools.